Sunday, August 1, 2010

Blog Update

The Blog has received over 100 visits to date, which means that interest is clearly there. But many people are having difficulty with signing in to comment and vote. I have been working with some and am finding that security settings on individual computers need to be adjusted in some cases. Another reason for trouble is in the process of acquiring a google account and then getting signed in from there. You need to add the URL (the blog website address - which is http://macparkerboi.blogspot.com/ to what is called your "dashboard" in your google account. You know you are signed in when you are on the blog and in the upper right corner it says "sign out". You can only vote once in each poll - the site prevents multiple voting from the same person.
I suggest going into the "help" option at the top of the page - or you can email me with questions - sharon@rehabgym.com and for those who have experienced trouble, but found a way through it - please help others by commenting below with some suggestions. I will also have my daughter offer some IT help starting on Monday, as I am no expert.
But know that while it is a challenge to get everyone on board, it is worth it! And for those who are having trouble and persevere, you will have gone through a good lesson in computer use that might come in handy for other purposes. :)
Comments - You will see a number before the word "comments" at the bottom of each post, informing you if and how many responses there are. You go to those responses by clicking on the comments word .
Posting - To those who post, please try and organize the posts into "themes" to avoid the readers from having to bounce around the site. For example, put messages that have to do with Mac's Message - in a comment vs. starting a new post. This will also help keep the site from getting overrun with posts.
Thanks go to all who post and comment and vote! 
 

2 comments:

  1. I continue to have trouble "voting" on the polls. The blog says that I am signed in to vote, and I am able to post to the blog, but when I select a response to one of the polls that I have not yet participated in, the "vote" button is not highlighted, so I cannot press it.

    About a week ago, when I first joined this blog, I was able to successfully vote for two of the polls after resigning in a second time. This method is not working tonight.

    Are the polls still open or have they been closed? If they are open and if anyone has a suggestion on how I can successfully vote, please let me know. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete