Monday, March 7, 2011

My thoughts...

I've been asked to get back on the blog and share my thoughts. I am glad to do so, but I really want to see more people sharing their thoughts...

I did meet with Mac recently and strongly encouraged him to speak directly, openly and honestly with his lenders. I told Mac that I would appreciate monthly reports, from him and not through anyone else, and that the reports be kept business in nature. I specified what would be helpful in reports such as work in progress, work to be done, projections, time table...and I told Mac what would not be helpful such as his commentary.

Horace has his ideas for finishing this film as well. They appear to me well formed, but not being in the film business, I cannot give an opinion. I do know that Horace would need to get the film out of Mac's control/ownership and I don't see how that could or would happen. This is the one thing (and most important bit of detail) missing from Horace's plan.

Mac appears to have his plan in motion, but there remains the legal problems. Could the film be completed if Mac becomes preoccupied with his legal battles and possibly in jail?

I am one that finds no value in the drama surrounding this film production. I am choosing to remain involved in a business-like manner. I understand why there are a lot of emotions flying around, but I don't want to be pulled in emotionally. I simply want the money I gave to Mac to be paid back. I am guessing that most of the lenders feel as I do.

I eagerly await the next report from Mac and/or Horrace.

5 comments:

  1. Thank you for your thoughts, Sharon. How is it possible for Horace to make a presentation when he does not possess the film?

    Thanks,

    Kelley

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good question. I think Horace needs to answer that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My question is what became of all the millions of dollars Mac solicited from good-hearted people? The $3 million that Lou the guru ran off with is gone forever, no doubt, but, that sum aside, it's very hard for me to see how $10 million in cash could have been substantially invested in that decidedly shallow film project. Where did it go? (Alas, there is very little chance that, even if the film is finished and widely released, it will return a small fraction of the investors' money.)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sigh...I wish we knew...Mac is the only one who can answer that. Mac is to be held accountable for management of our monies. Hope is a bit thin with me as well, but Mac remains responsible even under no hope. If the film doesn't pay us all back, Mac will still be held liable.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks, Sharon. Mac will remain liable, of course, and his accounting--to the extent that he can provide one--ought to be an eye-opener. All the same, a lot of people are bound to be out a lot of money, Mac's liability notwithstanding.

    Please do keep those of us on the fringes apprised of how this mess unfolds. Thanks again.

    ReplyDelete