Saturday, December 18, 2010

Testified in Front of Grand Jury

I assume everyone is aware of the federal investigation underway regarding Mac's handling of our money and his relationship with Lou. I believe that because I was one of the lenders that Mac collected money from in the last month of his fund raising I was subpoenaed to testify in front of a Grand Jury this past Thursday. I was first questioned at length by the prosecuting attorney who very clearly has much of the details surrounding Mac and Lou and appears to me quite capable and intent on indicting Mac. I don't want to say much here in a Blog, but it is evident to me now how serious Mac is in trouble.
I do feel responsible to keep our group informed with whatever I think we all have a right to know. Fundamentally, it is our money that is the focal point of Mac and his legal trouble. I wish common sense and decency to prevail with Mac coming forward to speak the whole truth, the judicial system to recognize the truth and apply the law in consideration of all people affected (Mac, his family, us...), Mac to accept the consequences and hopefully full resolution and restitution...sooner than later.

2 comments:

  1. Does this mean BISHCA had it right?

    ReplyDelete
  2. The position of BISCHA and the federal prosecutor is the same in believing that Mac has committed fraud, but nothing new has been revealed that I can see. Mac and his new lawyer have yet to be told that he is even under investigation! Mac has not been charged and it is up to the grand jury to determine this. If a grand jury sees reason enough to have charges brought against Mac, then Mac goes to trial. It isn't until a court finds him guilty, that one could say that "BISCHA" was right.
    I don't understand the "game" that is being played, but I know that the FBI and IRS have been investigating Mac and Lou. They are very tight with what they know, but I do know that they have the details of where the money came from and the millions of dollars that went to Lou.
    The real million dollar question is WHY did Mac give money to Lou??? That is insane for anyone in their right mind to do. This is why there is so much investigation going on...to try and pin Mac down with an understanding/motive of WHY? If it isn't because Mac is intellectually challenged...is it fraud? or is it that he could have been (and possibly still) mentally/spiritually captured by Lou? Is Lou a fraud? or is Lou mentally ill? Where is the millions of dollars??
    I do not believe that Mac has had good legal counsel and he should have come forward with the facts a year ago. If Mac is "innocent" of fraud (which I believe)...he is still "guilty" of misappropriation of the finances (and trust) of others. Admitting responsibility for being reckless with other people's money...admitting he made a serious violation... is a start and then cooperation FULLY with the law to go after Lou is in my thinking the only way out for Mac. Lawyers love to "protect" their clients, but in this application, if Mac is who I think he is, the legal system has led him into more "corruption" ethically speaking. Being totally honest, transparent and accepting of consequences is the way of honor. We teach this to our children and I do expect this out of Mac. I have told Mac this. I have also encouraged Mac's potential new lawyer to allow Mac to open up with the whole truth. I believe that this new lawyer is more likely to work with Mac in this way.
    At this time of year I only hope for more peace on this earth. Merry Christmas everyone!

    ReplyDelete