Friday, May 6, 2011

Horace and Sunset Films

I am opening up a fresh comment thread to discuss Horace's work and intent. You can find what Horace proposes in the post on "Greed". Horace - feel free to re-post under this new title. I would suggest using your name to post a comment instead of  "anonymous", as clearly you wish to be identified.


Personally, I am just one lender and I only represent myself with my comments. My interest is in recovering the monies Mac owes. How this money is recovered is second to that. I am not a fan of the movie I previewed a couple years ago, but I don't need to be if there is enough of a market to sell to.
If Horace can start selling to pay back monies owed and Mac is still free to do his own film, then I am all for it. My support is not to be considered an endorsement of Horace or the film. I won't get involved in the personal relationship between Horace and Mac. I do care about both people, individually, and appreciate the conflict that exists. It is understandable...we are indeed all human, not God... but for their sake, I hope when opportunity does come... and strength is there... that forgiveness, grace and love will find a way back in.

Relationships are all that really matter in life.

I encourage others to voice their perspective and I will set up another poll to help identify our collective opinion.

2 comments:

  1. Robert Melik FinkleMay 14, 2011 at 3:29 PM

    I am fully supportive of Horace and Sunset Pictures because I believe their efforts to finish the film (the original version of Birth Of Innocence which we all invested in because we thought it was a worthwhile project) and their proposal to produce and distribute it is more realistic and more timely than Mac's rewrite and remake of a new version of the film with a vague timetable for completion and distribution for which he has neither a composer, narrator or distributer. Moreover, Sunset Pictures will honor and repay our investments without requiring us to raise more money to finish the film which Mac has said he will need to do after already taking $14,000,000. of our money of which $4,000,000. was given to Lou Soteriou apparently to finance his fitness centers and drive around in a Ferrari. And by the way, Horace has promised not to take any of the profits until every one is repaid. And since Sunset pictures is not requiring us to sign over our contracts to the LLC which they are setting up on our behalf (they will only require proof of how much money Mac owed us as of ll/18/'10) and if their production does not yeild enough to make us whole then Mac will still be liable for the difference. Perhaps Mac can finish a film someday after trying for 12 years, but time is running out for me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Robert Melik FinkleMay 14, 2011 at 3:46 PM

    Correction: ...money Mac owed us as of 11/18/'09 (the date of the BISHCA's freeze om Mac's assets)

    ReplyDelete